Saturday, January 23, 2010

A Day At East Coast Park (Part 1 GRADE)


With a total land size of 185-hectares, and a scenic coastline that stretches over 15 km, East Coast Park is one of Singapore's most treasured urban getaways.The park is a popular place for families and friends to relax and enjoy themselves. The park has barbecue pits, entertainment facilities, chalets, food and beverage, and amenities for sports activities.It was the usual Saturday afternoon.After finishing my school's homework,I headed to East Coast Park for a run.It took me less then 5 minutes to walk there as there were underpasses linking the park to the nearby Marine Parade housing estate.After reaching the park,I did some warm up exercises before heading for the tracks.Soon,off I go,with my mind fully concentrated to beat the timing I set last week.Although it was very strenuous to keep the speed momentum going,I persevered to the end and to my delight,I managed to beat my previous timing by 3 seconds.I was dog-tired.But occasionally,I would fail to meet my expectations due to the different conditions my body had on that particular Saturday.After the run,I found a bench and sat on it.Eyes closed and relaxed,the perennial sea breeze provide me with an invigorating relief to the stifling city heat and humidity.Groups of children could be seen building castles with the sand while others were having a family picnic.Some of the daring teenagers even swam in the sea when it was high tide,not knowing that they were taking a risk that might lead to death.Soon,the night dawned and I headed back home.East Coast Park has always been a place that I would go to when I am under stress or feeling emotionally down as its beautiful scenery and lush greenery makes me feel relaxed.I hope that people would treasure this wonderful park by keeping it clean and green for everyone to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment