Monday, January 25, 2010

An unlucky day! (Part 2)


Every time when lessons are over, I would have my lunch at my school canteen and afterward, I would take the public transport home, which is know as SBS Bus- Singapore Bus Service. The bus I take is bus number 55. Sometimes, I would have my friends who also take bus 55 to accompany me, so that I would not get bored and fall asleep. However sometimes, mistakes would happen during the bus ride and it would cause me to have a great problem getting home. Other then having miss the bus or having insufficient money for the bus fare, there is this mistake that might happened on most people. I was also one of them who made this accidental mistake once and I had a hard time getting back home.On a fine windy afternoon, I stood at the bus stop and was waiting for bus 55 to come. Unfortunately after 20mins, the bus has not arrived. After some time when I was soon about to doze off, the bus finally arrived. I realized that the bus has been changed to the newer model and I was over the moon as I thought it would be much comfortable and the journey would be much smoother than the older model of the bus.When I got up the bus, there was a heavy odour of the new leather. I sat on one of the seat. The bus ride is about 45minutes. When the bus is halfway through, I started to get sick of the odour and I got dizzy. I was also exhausted and was soon tired of boredom. After a few minutes, I went to have a short nap and thought that it would be alright. My head was nodding in a repeated action as I went into my dreamland. It was so comfortable and cozy in the cooling bus. When I was awake, I was in a state of confusion. I didn’t know where I was. I soon realized that I have overshot my bus stop as I did not recognize the place I am at. I immediately came down from the bus and tried to walk back home. Fortunately, I recalled the place that I am at and knew the direction to walk back home. It is already 4 in the afternoon and I am still not at home. I contacted my mother and told her that I would be walking home by myself.The walk back home is about a kilometer or two. I was perspiring from the heat given out by the ongoing vehicles. After about an estimated time of 30 minutes, I soon arrived at the junction just outside my house. I went for a 200 meter walk and i finally reached the door of my house. I heave a sigh of relief then, I gave a few knocks on the door and I went in.

No comments:

Post a Comment